1 bag pre-sliced baguette (or slice a whole baguette into 1-inch slices)
1 jar marinated artichoke hearts - drained and diced (I use kitchen sheers and cut them right in the jar
5 T red onion - finely chopped
3 T mayonnaise
1/3 c. parmesan cheese - grated
1/8 c. mozzarella cheese - grated
Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Place bread in a single layer on a jelly roll pan.
- Lightly drizzle bread with olive oil.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium-size bowl and stir until well combined.
- Place a heaping spoonful of artichoke mixture on each piece of bread - slightly smooshing it with the back of the spoon to evenly distribute the topping.
- Place under broiler until the cheese melts and begins to brown.
- Serve warm.