Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Artichoke bruschetta

It never fails that as I'm planning a meal, I neglect to think about snacks and appetizers for our guests to nibble on as the final touches are put on our meal. Dessert is covered from the get-go. In fact, I usually have dessert figured out before the main meal! Focusing on the dessert and entree typically leave me scrambling at the last minute for a good appetizer. Here's my solution and I hope it quickly becomes yours!

Artichoke Bruschetta
1 bag pre-sliced baguette (or slice a whole baguette into 1-inch slices)
1 jar marinated artichoke hearts - drained and diced (I use kitchen sheers and cut them right in the jar
5 T red onion - finely chopped
3 T mayonnaise
1/3 c. parmesan cheese - grated
1/8 c. mozzarella cheese - grated
Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)

Directions
  1. Place bread in a single layer on a jelly roll pan.
  2. Lightly drizzle bread with olive oil.
  3. Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium-size bowl and stir until well combined.
  4. Place a heaping spoonful of artichoke mixture on each piece of bread - slightly smooshing it with the back of the spoon to evenly distribute the topping.
  5. Place under broiler until the cheese melts and begins to brown.
  6. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment