I Can't Have Carbs Quiche
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 c half & half
- 1/4 c water
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and wrung dry
- 4 white mushrooms, sliced
- bacon bits, a handful or so
- 1/2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a pie dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a saute pan, melt 1 T butter (eyeball it) and saute onion until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and saute over medium heat until the mushrooms are wilted.
- Add spinach and cook until warm, occasionally stirring to incorporate with onion/mushrooms.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat eggs and then add water and half & half.
- Add remaining ingredients, including the onion/mushroom/spinach mixture, to bowl and gently stir to incorporate.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared pie dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set and top begins to gently brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes (or so) before cutting.