When I had gestational diabetes, "carb" was a bad word, right up there with the words that could get your mouth washed out with soap as a kid. (Side note: Ask our daughter to say "fork" .... it's really funny and makes us laugh knowing it sounds naughty!)
My sister, the recipe guru, told me about this snack. I made it a few times while pregnant, but kind of forgot about it until I visited her last week and she whipped up a batch for a family BBQ. They are super simple and fantastic... not to mention refreshing!
Quick, Cool Cucs
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 T water
- 2 T white vinegar
- 2 packets Equal
- Wash and then slice the cucumber into 1/4" (or so) slices.
- Soad the slices in a salt water bath for 20 minutes (give or take).
- Drain, but don't rinse, the cucumbers.
- In a separate bowl, mix the water, vinegar, and Equal together until the Equal dissolves.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the cucumber slices.
- Enjoy! (They're best if you let them sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before eating, but you don't have to.)